Saturday, May 2, 2009

Journal May 2

In the time of the 3 W's- Weeding, Watering and Waiting.
Put the new bed in the NP, added the dirt and TP tomatoes, pepper and basil.
Moved the bench to the back corner of the yard and have begun to dig up the space where it used to be, for another bed. Probably for shade vegetables, if the birds will let them be. Or root crops. We'll see.
Put in some new sages and guaras, re-set stepping stones and ran strings for the clematis. The morning glory and moonflowers are beginning to twine. Need to run strings for the moonflowers.
All flower seedlings are doing well. Thinned them out, a job I hate. I want everything to have a chance to grow. I throw them into the compost heap- the circle of life.
O and I need to make me a scarecrow, a job she would love.
TP daisy and marigolds in the tiny patch near the fence, after adding compost and new soil.
Put the rest of the marigolds in the mixed bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment