Saturday, March 6, 2010

Friday, March 5

Took Morgan Jane to Lowe's to pick up more trellis supports: she was not impressed with sitting in the cart while I looked for 1/2" elbow connectors. Found a new publication there: The Urban Farmer and bought a copy to try out, as well as radish seeds and a Patio tomato.
Sis's neighbor had grass in wonderful thick black plastic bags, but I was only able to pick up one.
Also went to Big Lots to price soil and bought a hose that's supposed to spring back into its space-saving shape, but doesn't, really. Hey, it was Big Lots. But they also had the Tomato Bag, which I would like to try. I might be able to construct one- they look very simple. The question would be where to hang it.

Today:
Constructed and set up new trellis. Had to use green plastic mesh as the nylon mesh has disappeared. I'm pretty sure I still had some but can't find it. I did discover that I have three balls of binder twine- it's like tomato paste.
Moved the buddleia planter to the end of Bed 4.
Moved the stair-steps to end of Bed 2, but will move them back if V. objects.
Planted the Patio tomato in the new green plastic tub and put it next to the buddleia.
Layered and watered the compost heap

To Do:
Finish modifications on plastic planters
Buy peat moss, compost, perlite
Construct grids
Work out plan for side yard
String twine trellises for morning glories, moonflowers, nasturtiums
Finish plans for Beds
Put a brace on the stair-steps and paint
Research Tomato Bag

Seeds have sprouted in mini g-h, that's fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment